• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator crash with “save as”

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Illustrator on a MacBook Pro (10.11.6). However, suddenly, when I use the "save as" option, even when exporting as a PNG or something like that, Illustrator crashes. When I modify an existing Illustrator figure and I save it, there is no problem.

Please help because I am finishing a scientific paper and I have little time! I would therefore also prefer not to upgrade the software of my Mac before the paper is done, because my colleague had issues with the colours in Illustrator figures she made before and after the upgrade.

Thank you very much in advance!

[Title edited by moderator to say "crash" not cash for translation purposes.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Illustrator? What crash message do you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is AI CC 2018. I do not get a crash message but the programme suddenly becomes unresponsive. Wherever I click I get the "error" sound, and all the options on the menu's like "File" and "image" and so forth get gray, so that I can't click on it. The only option is to force AI to quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly where do you save files? Network? Synched folders? USB thumb drive?

Are there fonts used in it?

Do you use font management?

At which resolution do you render the PNG?

Is a printer attached and turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, there is no printer attached and it does not matter what format I want to export or what resolution, it also doesn't matter where I save the files. I tried multiple things. It also does it when I just want to save it as an .ai file. Also, I don't use font management.

Thanks everyone for thinking along!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can Adobe PLEASE help me? I have tried installing different versions, I have updated my mac, cleaned all the temporary files etc from my harddisk but the problem still persists. I am finishing off a scientific paper and I need illustrator to work well now. I am really desperate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please attach a printer?

Have you checked your harddrive for corruption?

You still have not answered where you save your files. Is that a network, a synched folder, thumb drive?

What exactly is in your files? Just paths? Did you import them from some other application? Are there placed images? Text? Which font?

Does it work when you create a new file, then draw a simple rectangle and save?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue in 22.1 on a Dell 7920 Workstation, Quadro P5000, Dual Xeon 6130, 64gb ram, Windows 7 64bit enterprise.

Network Drive and Local drive.

I try to export as a png and it crashes Illustrator. The Legacy option works.

I installed CC2017 and it exports without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone still running into this issue....

If it's not actually crashing and just being unresponsive.. if you relaunch your finder, Illustrator should get unstuck and resume operations, allowing you to save. Finder has seriously issues. 

To relaunch: hit Option, Command, and Esc and click on finder to relaunch. Or choose Force Quit from the Apple () menu in the upper-left corner of your screen. You might need to click on an alternative program first (if you're in illustrator, it will serisouly lag and wont let you click), then go up to the apple and choose force quit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines