• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader Stopped Working, Says Already Installed, But It Is Not Listed In Programs

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on an HP Laptop running Windows 7.  Adobe Reader stopped working. How do I get the Reader to work again so I may read PDFs?  I tried to re-install it.  I ran a simple uninstall through "Programs" from the Control Panel then went to the Adobe Reader website and downloaded and installed the program.  I received a message that it did not successfully install because a newer version was already installed.  I checked the troubleshooting page and went through several steps.  I downloaded and ran the Cleaner.  I checked my computer and could not find any folder or listing for Adobe Reader.  I again went to the website and downloaded and installed the Reader.  I received the same message that a newer version is already installed and that Reader did not install successfully.  I have tried downloading it using Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer and get the same outcome.  With each step I restart the computer.  These are the same steps stated in answer to similar questions in the forums.  Any other Ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I downloaded and tried to install it again.  Now there are folders for Adobe Reader, but no program listed and none of the folders contain a means to open the program.  I ran the cleaner program which gives me a message that it cannot find Adobe Reader files.  I ran it anyway.  The Adobe Acrobat Reader folders still show.  My work is at a standstill with most of my documents in PDF format.  I have deadlines looming and need help fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines