0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 25, 2008 6:43 PM by rimcrazy

Skins dissappear when Flash movie placed

rimcrazy
      I am using the example procedures as shown in the Adobe Book, Flash CS3 Professional Video Studio Techniques. (Chap 5 specifically). I want to place a Flash movie inside of an HTML page. I created my Flash Video (Action Script 2.0) both ways (FLV Player with an authortime assigned FLV & FLV player with an HTML-assigned FLV) as recommended in the book both to learn and see how they function. When I load them stand alone in my browser, (Firefox) they work fine. When I place the code inside my full HTML page I can get the video to place and play with either but the Skins fail to show up. I see a blank bar with the background and no control skin. I did have to do a little work to get the paths correct for the video but once that was working I expected the skins to be there but they are gone.

**Update** I actually got it to work when using FLV player with an HTML-assigned FLV (bad path) but FLV Player with an authortime assigned FLV still does not work nor make sense since the Skin should be embedded inside swf file correct?

Answered my own question. In using FLV Player with an authortime assigned FLV the skin.swf needs to be at the same directory level as the calling HTML.