• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Stoarge

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a bit confused how Lightroom CC stores my content.

I am shooting photos in raw, so these are pretty big files. When I import the photos from my camera, it puts the raw file on one of my external hard drives (which I want it to do) and then it says it syncs to the cloud. Is this syncing the raw file to the cloud? I was under the impression it was just syncing the data from the photo.

I have also been having issues where new files that I import becoming corrupt if I close Lightroom before they finishing syncing to the cloud.

My 100gb of cloud storage is almost full, so I am not sure what to do. I certainly do not need raw files stored in two places, I am actually trying to figure out the easiest way to flip a majority (non selects) over to JPG from raw, since I really dont need random pictures of a rock or some flowers or something to be sitting around in raw while I am learning how to take photos.

If i stop syncing photos to the cloud, this means they will no longer be available on my mobile device correct?

I am so confused.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

The new Lightroom CC app is "cloud-centric", which basically means that any images that you import into the app must be synced up to the Adobe cloud. That is non-optional, and there is no selective sync option either. You can optionally store a copy of the originals on a hard drive on your local system, but the primary copy will always be in the cloud.

With that said, are you sure at this point that LRCC is the desktop app that you need, or would the "desktop-centric" Lightroom Classic be more su

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The new Lightroom CC app is "cloud-centric", which basically means that any images that you import into the app must be synced up to the Adobe cloud. That is non-optional, and there is no selective sync option either. You can optionally store a copy of the originals on a hard drive on your local system, but the primary copy will always be in the cloud.

With that said, are you sure at this point that LRCC is the desktop app that you need, or would the "desktop-centric" Lightroom Classic be more suited? All images imported into Classic are stored locally on a hard drive, and they can optionally be synced with the cloud, though any images synced from Classic are only uploaded in Smart Preview form, not full originals. These smart previews do not currently count against your 100GB allowance, and while they are generally good enough for viewing and sharing on mobile devices you'd not have an original copy on the mobile device should you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines