• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 11.0 Open Finder Window

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop 11.0 Open Finder Window keeps collapsing in the 'Name' field. As I use this a lot it really slows me down. How do I re-set the preferences so this doesn't happen? I also use Illustrator, InDesign and Quark, and it hasn't happened in those.

Finder Window.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

It's your User Library

Try this:

Click on your desktop and in the Go menu click on Go To Folder

Then paste or type ~/Library/Preferences

That should get you Library>Preferences and look for and delete the

com.adobe.Photoshop.plist

user.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keryn

I'm a Windows user so can't offer much insight into what I suspect is related to your version of OSX.  It might be helpful to know what that version is?  Can you also describe in a bit more detail what is happening?  I am guessing that is the way the name field is truncating the file name so you can't read the whole name. Is that right?

How do those fields look in the other applications you mention?  Are the other fields in the same order and the same size as in Photoshop?

Have you expanded the window to show more of the fields?

With Windows, double clicking the interface between fields auto expands them to the required width.  Have you tried that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me Akash. Sorry I’ve taken so long to reply (work getting in the way).

I’m currently using a Mac OS X 10.6.8.

You seem to have grasped the problem. And it only happens in Photoshop (Illustrator, InDesign etc are fine).

If you drag the window across you can see the name in full, and if you double click the interface it expands sufficiently. The problem is it doesn’t stay open. Every time you use it you have to drag or double click it open, which really slows down my work (I publish magazines and work with a lot of photos).

This problem only started about a month ago. The window has stay open since I first installed CS4 many years ago. And it hasn’t affected the other CS4 programmes.

I re-installed Photoshop but that made no difference.

I’ve tried sourcing the internet, but a major hiccup is how do you word your request?

If you call it a window you usually get tips on Widows.

Or your request relates the word windows to actual photos.

I’m guessing it’s something to do with preferences or settings, but when you type these nothing is relevant to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of mac os x are you using?

See if going to

/Users/User Name/Library/Preferences

and trashing the

fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Jeff.

I’m using Mac OS X 10.6.8

I tried to find /Users/User Name/Library/Preferences with no luck.

Does it apply to me (I’m using CS4)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's your User Library

Try this:

Click on your desktop and in the Go menu click on Go To Folder

Then paste or type ~/Library/Preferences

That should get you Library>Preferences and look for and delete the

user.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess what Jeff, I tried it and it worked!

This is saving me so much time not having to stretch out the open window each time I open a file or save over one.

Thanks so much for you help. The step-by-steps you gave made a difference too.

Keryn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. I am on a desktop Imac   MasOS Sierra Version 10.12.6  Everytime I open a finder window in Photoshop the finder window is tiny and needs to be enlarged, every time. This started happening last year and I've just put up with it.  I tried what you told the person in this conversation to do and it didn't change anything. I hate having to resize the finder window everytime I try to open something.  Can you help  me?  Going to folder library/preferences and looking for com.adobe.photoshop.plist and deleting it didn't help this problem so I put it back so I wouldn't mess up anything else.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 12.20.55 AM.pngI am uisng an imac mas 0S sierra Version 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lanaec,

What version of photoshop are you using?

Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an iMac mas 0S  Sierra Version 10.12.6Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 12.20.55 AM.pngn 10.12.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I left out the version of photoshop.  It is CS6  purchased over 4 years ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines