7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2018 3:48 PM by fricco-vit

create for every RAW a sidecar JPG file not visible in LR, but visible in Windows explorer (after already imported files)

fricco-vit Level 1
      hi,

I'm ordering my LR catalogue .

In my  LR catalogue I import pics taken from any devices: DSLR, ML, smartphone, ....

At the beginning I  shooted shooted just in JPG (damn me!), then I started to I shoot in RAW+JPG

imported them in "pairs" way in LR with only the Raw file visible (in other words I imported them like NO separate files, so I untick the "Treat JPEGS as a Separate file", and LR imported the JPEGs as a Sidecar and so JPGs are no longer accessible in LR), and in the last 4 years I shoot only in RAW.

Well, so in my catalogue there're a lot of formats of pics.

I'd like to:

1) files imported only in JPG: keep JPGs of files that hasn't RAW associated (obviously),

2) files imported in RAW+JPG: 2 ideas:

a) starting from elaborated RAWs, export relative JPGs, overwriting in this way the on camera JPG I imported like NO separate files. I'd preefer this way

b) deleting from LR the associated JPG created by camera, but imported like NO separate files: how could I do?

3) files imported in RAW: if in point 2) I used a) solution, I just export JPGs; else nothing, I take just RAW.

Now, I'd like to do the point 2) a) but when I export JPGs form RAWs I'd like that LR associate them in the same way of when I import JPG+RAW from camera (like NO separate files, like untick the "Treat JPEGS asa Separate file", so that LR import JPEGs as a Sidecar and so JPGs are no longer accessible in LR). Is it possible? I don't want to create stack between JPG and _RAW because I want to see them just 1 time in LR, and I don't want to add a copy for every pics into the LR catalogue.

Could be a way or a script that do this?

I found a script for LR that does exactly what i was looking for in Bridge: -> RAW + JPG Stack:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/738964

a similar thing could be ok?

I'd like to have for every RAW a sidecar JPG file not visible in LR, but visible in Windows explorer; I save RAW+JPG+XMP all in the same folder.

Thanks to everyone for help me please!