• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AAM Updates Notifier Application keeps crashing

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed PSE 2018 just after it became available. For some time now 'AAM Updates Notifier.exe' crashes on a regular basis, usually at 2am. It has crashed 9 times in the last 20 days, on one day it crashed twice in the space of a couple of minutes. It is version 9.0.0.281.

Is there anything I can do to stop it crashing? If not then can it be uninstalled, and if so then how? It does not show in Microsoft's Control Panel.

Adobe Application Manager, 'PDApp.exe', has also crashed 3 times in the last 20 days, usually about 6pm. Is this related to the other problem?

Any suggestions on how to avoid these irritations would be welcome.

I have gone into preferences and unchecked all of the boxes to see if this makes any difference.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have seen this page but I do not get either of the 2 error messages quoted, and I do not have CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The same updater now applies to PSE

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brian, I have installed it, now I will wait to see if it makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't know which antivirus software you use but I have seen conflicts causing problems with PSE recently. Most AV software keeps itself updated but its worth checking now and again.

Let us know if you see the crash again and we can have another think

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only use the antivirus software which comes with Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you check to see if the camera raw has been updated

Load the editor

Load any small image (otherwise you might hit another error)

Go to the  Help menu and select About Plug-in -> Camera Raw

It should show version 10.2

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not need to load an image into the editor. Camera Raw is version 10.2.0.894.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H i,

Sorry, but I just noticed that I didn't respond.

Are you still suffering from this problem?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to both of you who have offered suggestions. I have been checking for the last couple of weeks and have not noticed any recurrence of that problem, so I think that installing the Adobe Application Manager has solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

could you please confirm if installing the updated AMM has resolved your problem?

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had 2 days without a crash, but whether that is due to the updated AMM, changing the preferences so that all options were unchecked, or just luck I do not know. If there are no crashes in the next week I will reinstate the update preferences and see if that makes any difference. At the moment it is too soon to decide if the problem is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update for the AAM for Mac?

I am trying to run CS5 on my High Sierra mac and constantly have unexpected quits across the suite. Also, even though the updater constantly requires me to update, none of the updates work either using the AAM or trying to download updates directly.

I think I need to completely uninstall the AAM, if that's possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the exact MAC OS version on which you are trying to use the app.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines