Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Suite licence transfer

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a licence for CS 6 Design Standard that I have been using for the last couple of years on a mac computer. I have recently switched computers from a mac to windows and made a request for this licence to be exchanged. I was initially asked to deactivate the licence on the mac, which I did, and then was told that the transfer would be complete within 4 days.

I waited a week then recontacted support and was informed that the licence would not now be change as it had already been switched. I believe this switch may have been made at the time of the initial purchase due to an ordering error. The original windows licence that the switch was apparently made from was never used and I was unaware that it had ever existed. Now the existence of this initial licence means that support refuse even to discuss any sort of option for switching this licence to a PC licence.

This seems very unfair. I understand that Adobe may not want to support indefinite switching of product platforms but in this case this was an error at the initial purchase. The product should have been exchanged rather than having the licence transferred. It seems odd that the licence is platform specific in either case.

I would appreciate any information on if anything can be done. I use this software rarely, so it is difficult to justify buying a new copy, but I do find it invaluable on those rare occasions.

Many thanks,

George Swadling

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Ok George, I would recommend you either reference this discussion when contacting our support team directly at Contact Customer Care  or send me a private message with your preferred callback details and I can request that you be contacted directly to see if an exception can be made. 

The callback will likely take two to three business days so I would recommend starting a chat session first.  Please update this discussion with a case number if you do start a new chat session. Details on how to l

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  you'll need to contact adobe.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'chat', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already spoken to user support. They refused to help me, and told me to post my problem here instead.

I have a feeling they were just fobbing me off but I thought it was worth a go.

The customer support people have been extremely unhelpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George, I am sorry that you are facing difficulties swapping platforms for Creative Suite 6.  It is true that a platform swap is only offered once and only for software titles currently available for sale.  This still includes Creative Suite 6 for a very limited time.

Details regarding the platform swap process can be found at Exchange a product for a different language or platform version .

I would be happy to review your interaction with our support team to verify a swap has already previously occurred.  Do you have a case number from your interaction that I can reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your response. As far as I am aware I didn't receive a case number from the support technicians I was chatting to.

The software in question was originally purchased a few years ago but it appears there was an error in the order. I had requested a copy for my Mac but a PC copy was supplied instead. I don't have the details of this as the purchase was carried out by our purchasing department.

Instead of replacing the incorrect order it appears that the PC copy was switched to a mac copy, thus leaving me in the position now where I have already "used up my 1 free swap".

I appealed on the basis that I felt that the original mistake shouldn't have voided my option to switch platform later.

I would greatly appreciate it if anything can be done.

Many thanks,

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. There is a user called Adobe Mike Smith​ who appears to be posing as an Adobe tech and has made multiple requests for my serial number via private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you mention the wrong people follow the customer care

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, George.  I am reviewing the order history now.  You are correct Mike Smith does not work for Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George, I am showing that an order for an upgrade to Creative Suite 6 Design Standard for Windows was purchased on Jun 16, 2016. 

There was also another purchase for a full version of Creative Suite 6 Design Standard for Windows was purchased on Jul 13, 2015.  The full version Windows version was then platform swapped to Mac OS on Aug 5, 2015.  Since this was after 30 days after purchase a platform swap was performed to allow Creative Suite 6 Design Standard to be utilized on Mac OS.

I am sorry, George but you would have wanted to return Creative Suite 6 Design Standard for Windows within 30 days of July 13, 2015.  This would have allowed you to then purchase a new license for Creative Suite 6 Design Standard for Mac OS instead of performing the platform swap.  Details regarding the return process can be found at Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order .

You do have an upgrade copy of Creative Suite 6 Design Standard for Windows still registered under your account, George.  I would recommend you locate the serial number for the software title you upgraded from so you can install your current Creative Suite 6 Design Standard for Windows upgrade license.  For additional details on how to locate your registered serial numbers see Find your serial number , George.  The eligible serial number may be registered under a different e-mail address/account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff,

This is essentially the point i reached. My original version was purchased July 13th 2015. I immediately responded that the software was for the incorrect OS, and received a new serial for the Mac OS version. The original PC serial was never used. I assumed that since with was an error in ordering this meant that the unwanted original windows version had been returned and replaced with the mac OS version. Instead it appears that Adobe performed a "platform swap". This all took place well within the 30 days return provision you specify. I was unaware that the PC version had not been officially "returned" rather than "platform swapped". While I understand that my situation places me outside the letter of your policy I feel that I am certainly within the spirit of it.

The upgrade account is not mine to use.

Again, many thanks for your help, If you can find a way to make an exception in this case I would be very grateful.

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, my point is that from July 13th 2015 to August 5th 2015 is only 23 days.

George

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok George, I would recommend you either reference this discussion when contacting our support team directly at Contact Customer Care  or send me a private message with your preferred callback details and I can request that you be contacted directly to see if an exception can be made. 

The callback will likely take two to three business days so I would recommend starting a chat session first.  Please update this discussion with a case number if you do start a new chat session. Details on how to locate existing case numbers can be found at View Adobe Support cases .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the message, George. I have requested that you be contacted directly to see if an exception can be made.  Please update this forum discussion if you face any additional difficulties or if you have any questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

someone took my ID and password over skype might be someone using my adobe forum account we going to change our password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines