8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2018 3:03 PM by Simmer1

Photoshop CC freezes when trying to change font

Path It Out Level 1

I have a

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 3.14.14 PM.jpg

Last night when I was working in PS CC my computer froze after I added type and tried to change the font (this was the first type added to this file). I took it as a sign to stop working for the evening. This morning when I launched PS CC I got this warning.

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 2.52.31 PM.png

PS CC managed to launch and so I went on to working, until I ran into the font issue again. I could create type and type it out but when I went to change the font PS CC responded with the spinning beach ball. I have had to force quit every time.

HERE ARE THE THINGS I'VE DONE SO FAR:

-Ran a validation in Font Book and removed anything that had an ! by it, then emptied the trash.

-Went into (preferences - performance) and unchecked the use graphic processor. Which I think was turned off in the first place but cannot remember anymore. Is this better to be checked or unchecked? I would think checked but at this point I have no confidence in what I think is best for PS. I should mention that the error has happened only twice, once after the very first time I launched it this morning, and then one other random time in the probably 15 times I've launched PS today. Since this has only happened twice can I speculate that it is a fluke? Should this lead me to think that my graphics card is NOT bad?

-I also went in and clicked the "reset preferences upon quit"

I am still experiencing the font/freezing problem.

HERE IS WHAT I'D LIKE TO KNOW:

Do I have a font problem or is it something else?

Is my graphics card bad?