• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selected photos in camera raw not opening

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer to open and edit photos in camera raw using Bridge. Once the edits are made, I select the photo(s) from the list view on the left of the window and click the "Open Images" button at the lower right of the window. Nearly every time, no matter how many photos I have selected, one or more will fail to open in Photoshop. Even though I have only one photo open in raw, the image might not open into Photoshop. I receive no warning about camera raw not being activated. My software versions are all up-to-date and I am running OS 10.13.3. One explanation might be that the update to High Sierra is the issue as it is with certain functions of InDesign.

Does anyone have a similar problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

I am using High Sierra.

Bridge > Open in Camera Raw...  presents the chosen jpg images as expected.

Camera Raw...  "Select All" and "Open Images" present no problems. Opening a single image works fine, too.

Resetting your Bridge Preferences may solve the problem.

To reset Prefs:

Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the exact process you use?

E.g. I've tested the following from Bridge (also running OS High Sierra 10.13.3):

1. Select multiple images in Bridge
  2. File > Open With > Photoshop
  3. Cmd-A (Select All) in the Film strip, to ensure all images are selected
  4. Click Open Images

It opens all camera raw images each time I've tested it.

Are you able to review WHICH camera raw files don't open when you try this? Is there something / some setting significantly different, do they have a different file format maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

I should have mentioned that virtually all the image file I am using are .jpg files sent by clients for print projects. I haven't tried opening raw file exclusively, but I will run an experiment to check.

Until I upgraded to High Sierra, I had no problems with Bridge opening single or multiple image files into Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using High Sierra.

Bridge > Open in Camera Raw...  presents the chosen jpg images as expected.

Camera Raw...  "Select All" and "Open Images" present no problems. Opening a single image works fine, too.

Resetting your Bridge Preferences may solve the problem.

To reset Prefs:

Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines