4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2018 10:15 PM by Trevor.Dennis

Make several paths visible

nickatcs6 Level 1

Several paths are saved, in the Paths panel. Clicking on any one makes it visible. How to make more than one visible?

Nick

• 1. Re: Make several paths visible
          Semaphoric Adobe Community Professional

With a path selected, Shift+Click or Control+Click on another path.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Make several paths visible
            pixxxel schubser MVP & Adobe Community Professional

If you copy several paths into one path and save - you are able to make visible all paths (better: this new path with all included paths) at once.

Have fun

• 3. Re: Make several paths visible
              nickatcs6 Level 1

Thanks for trying, but this doesn't work.

(Note: on my Mac,  Command is the same as Control on PC.)

My results:

1. Shift-click does the same as click:

This highlights in the panel and displays in the image only the path that is clicked.

2. Control-click :

This highlights in the panel and displays in the image only the path that is control-clicked, in dashed lines, which cannot respond to path selection tool. Dashes persist if the same or another path is clicked.

Peculiarity? These paths were generated and saved by a script ( "plot pixel value" from the Scripts forum). Because I know nothing about Java, I'm guessing that the last line in it does the save:

actactiveDocument.pathItems.add('Plot'+Math.random().toString().substr(2), pth); .toSource());

• 4. Re: Make several paths visible
                Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Use the direct select tool (White arrow) and drag a box around the second path to make its points active.  Copy it Cmd c

Select the first path and paste Cmd v

Repeat for the other paths

Or start by making a new path and paste all the paths onto that.

On the other hand, if you just want all the paths to be visible, simply select them all