6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2018 5:41 AM by charandbas

The question is why did I lose all my editing and what can I do to get it back?

charandbas

When I was on the form before a week or so I was of the understanding I did not have enough free space so I purchased a new 500 GB SSD for my computer and a new 2TB Ext HD to put my photos on. MY Original ext HD was 1TB and I had only 10% free so I think it was causing the problems with LR Classic. MY computer SSD drive was 250GB with about 70GB free. I moved all my photos and the LR files to the new 2TB hard drive which took 17 Hrs. When  went to use the new drive I had to import all my photos into LR again and when I did that I clicked 1:1 previews( Problem). The import process was not to bad but making the previews was a 3 day process (24 hours x 3=72 Hrs). During the process LR would work and then say not working for the last 24 hours of the 72 hours. The question is why did I lose all my editing and what can I do to get it back? I have a total of 31782 photos. My color labels and stars also do not show up. I am using Lightroom Classic. The problems I was having with LR before were in a earlier form. Those problems have not showed up  But I have not worked on LR that much because I lose all my editing. I would like to get the editing back before I start the process of reediting them all again.

Charlie Bassett