• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Classic crashing when I copy adjustments

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm having a consistent issue where Lightroom CC Classic becomes non-responsive when I copy develop module adjustments with the hopes of pasting them to another image. I have no other recourse but to force quit the app and try again. I'll get a few images further along and then copy from a new image and have the issue happen all over again.

I've optimized the catalogue, restarted the computer, checked for updates (I'm up to date) and can't seem to get past this. Needless to say, it makes productivity really hard. Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your exact (numbers, not latest or alike) version of LR?

What is your OS?

Please also try if it helps to deactivate the GPU acceleration: Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I just had the issue happen again and remembered that there was a reply here.

I'm on Mac OS X 10.13.3 (Build 17D102)

Adobe Lightroom Classic [1156743] aka 7.2

I haven't tried GPU acceleration so I'll go deactivate that now.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue persists with GPU acceleration off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which developments do you have checked and are trying to copy?

Does it crash when you try to copy or when you try to paste?

Can you post a screen-capture of the copy selection?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

The crashing happens once I press the return key to copy the adjustments. Here's a screen capture of what I'm trying to copy.

Thankscopycrash.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem and just fixed it. It turns out my GPU drivers weren't updated, so I had to go to the AMD website and update everything. Here is a u-tube video that helped me.

How to Update Your AMD RADEON Drivers! - YouTube

Once I restarted my computer after they were installed, Lightroom stopped crashing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have Lightroom Classic 8.4.1 working with a Dell XPS PC, 32GB RAM, 64 bit system using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 GPU.  The drivers are up to date and my understanding is that my NVIDIA is well capable in handling LC Classic.  I've tried turning on and off GPU acceleration with the identical results NP_Photo had.  Does anyone have a fix for the PC instead of the MAC? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please submit your  own discussion instead of adding to an old one. When you do, include your sys info as LRC sees it (>Help>System Info>Copy)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks David.  Will do.  Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: I replied to an old thread!- I was certain that the NP_Photo post was recent Nov2019! Arrrgh this new forum format!!

NP_Photo,

You are definitely NOT 'up to date' at v7.2!  Current Version is 8.4.1

Do you subscribe and pay monthly or yearly?

To assist an answer- Post the top ten lines from the Lightroom-Classic  MENU: Help > System Info...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, v7.2, need to update. As stated current is 8.4.1. Heck v7.3 had a few MAC bug fixes, and improved profiles. And as you can guess 8.4.1 was a bug fix over 8.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another issue, and I think this was around the time v7.2 came out. Now this will not fix your develp mode issue. But you might have an issue with your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App. A problem in that it does not see updates available.

You might need to update it (just the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App) . Or if it is so old that Adobe needed it removed, then replaced, you might need to run the uninstall script (download from Adobe) and download a fresh new updated version, and reinstall.

Now if you already have the latest one, it will be obvious when you launch it, coommppletly new interface.

so, what version do you have?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html#Checkappversion

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

if required

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines