• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Increasing Memory Usage v29.0.0.113

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue applies to Innogames, Elvenar, to be specific !

v29.0.0.113 applied to my laptop on 13/03/2018, since then whilst playing the above game, memory usage increases rapidly until the game grinds to a halt.

This occurs using Firefox, Edge and Chrome, curiously, the issue does not occur when using Internet Explorer !

I have attempted all suggested solutions to no avail !

Heeeeelp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you haven't rebooted the computer since you started encountering the problem, that's a great place to start.  If that doesn't help, I'd highly recommend minimizing the other "stuff" happening on the machine while you play, like reducing the number of additional open tabs, etc. 

Adobe provides a free performance and resource monitoring tool called Adobe Scout to ActionScript developers.  This tool allows game developers to profile their game and determine why it's consuming excessive amounts of resources.

Games are complex and can span millions of lines of code.  The game developer is in the best position to troubleshoot this issue.  In the event that they discover a language-level issue in ActionScript, they're also well-positioned to report an actionable bug to us.  We'd be more than happy to help.

In all likelihood, there are discrete actions that the developers can take to reduce their footprint on the system.  In the event that they're running into a discrete problem that they need our help with, they can shoot me a private message (just click my name), and I'll get an engineering-level conversation going with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines