• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I create an editable dynamic stamp?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create a dynamic stamp that can be edited to for review of documents?  Currently, we have a process where we receive PDF documents from an outside source, add a jpeg "stamp" to them and manually add a check or X in a check box and a text box for date and name. I have created a fillable form of the desired stamp; however, when I add it to a PDF document the fillable fields are lost. I went through the steps of adding this as a custom dynamic stamp.

We also have a section of the stamp where we require a date and initials of the document reviewer.

Any suggestions on how to achieve the end goal?

Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Hi CBizzle99,

Yes, you can create a custom dynamic stamp just like the image you show, but since you have several pieces of data to collect (one of many checkboxes, an initial and date) it is best to use a custom dialog with the stamp as the user interface to enter the data. Coding custom dialogs is a separate topic from dynamic stamps, but really goes together because so many dynamic stamps just don't work well without one.  There are a few critical points you need to understand about custom dyn

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi CBizzle99,

Yes, you can create a custom dynamic stamp just like the image you show, but since you have several pieces of data to collect (one of many checkboxes, an initial and date) it is best to use a custom dialog with the stamp as the user interface to enter the data. Coding custom dialogs is a separate topic from dynamic stamps, but really goes together because so many dynamic stamps just don't work well without one.  There are a few critical points you need to understand about custom dynamic stamps and they are on the advanced end of developing for Acrobat.  The reason your fields disappear when you apply the stamp is that you added fields to the PDF you created, not to the actual Stamp File.  When you create a stamp in Acrobat a Stamp File is created and it is located the in Acrobat Stamp Folder.  You need to locate the Stamp File, open it in Acrobat and add any interactive fields to that.

My company has created quite a lot of content on stamps for Acrobat and wrote a whole book on the subject.  You might find the following page a helpful resource, but much of the detailed content is only available to members of that site.  Watch the video Stamps Gone Wild to see a variety of dynamic stamps.

PDF Stamp Annotations

Hope this helps,

Dimitri

www.pdfscripting.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines