• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to send a PDF as fillible to someone

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent hours and hours trying to send a fillable form to a client so she can fill out electronically and send back however, she is unable to type on the form. This form doesn't have lines or boxes just content to fill out next to each word.  I have converted from Word doc 07 to pdf and then I can edit or fill and sign but when I send to my client she can't type on the form. It won't allow my clients to type and fill form out.  I have spent hours reading and can't get it.

I have a subscription on Adobe DC and bought it thinking I could make things easier but it is more frustrating.

Also, have a problem with some of the pdf's sent to me won't open, it says security is too high and to enable marcos created by adobe and always trust marcos from the source but I can't find out how to do this and have spent hours on this too.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

If they use Adobe Acrobat or Reader, yes. If not, all bets are off.

Again, that error message doesn't sound like it's from Acrobat. Can you post a screenshot of the entire screen when you get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Acrobat? If so, you should add form fields to the file, instead of relying on the Fill & Sign functionality.

The most important piece of information is what application your client uses to open the file. Ask them to find out, including the exact version number.

The other issue sounds very strange, as there are no "macros" in PDF files. What is the exact message you're seeing, and what application are you using to open these files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought any user could fill out a PDF file once received?  This is sort of a blank file with no lines and fill in the blank.  I have used the form fields too unless I'm not properly using them.  So if I have a blank form with a text and no lines how do I apply fields?

Example of what I have below so I want the client to add in the information besides this text and I don't have lines, I tried to place lines and it didn't work on the user end.  Any help here?

Name of Client:   Event:

Dates/Hours:

The message I'm getting for Marcos is security is set too high and it won't open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they use Adobe Acrobat or Reader, yes. If not, all bets are off.

Again, that error message doesn't sound like it's from Acrobat. Can you post a screenshot of the entire screen when you get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know how to fill the form fields or to enable my client to fill in next to the text.  All the tutorials I have seen have boxes or lines and not blank space.  Or maybe I should start over and create new form?  I used a Word doc that had thist same text and converted to PDF but it doesn't work for the user just to fill in.  Also, client wants to do electronically or on computer desk top.

Like this...

Name of Client:    (all this is blank and client fills in)

Name of Event:  (all blank and client fills in) 

Dates/Hours:  (all blank and client fills)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You just need to add plain text fields in the areas where you want the user to be able to enter their input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources