1 2 Previous Next 50 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2018 2:24 PM by glennl52077132

Beginner with Adobe Premiere Pro CC, introduction and the start of some questions

glennl52077132

I purchased Adobe Premiere Elements 2018, and encounter problems with the software running.

There were many pointed fingers as to the cause, machine not big enough, video board not right, etc. After many calls to different support groups (Adobe, Dell Pro Support, Nvidia, a paid consultant) turns out the machine is considered a "beast", lots of HP.

Posted in the Elements forum the problems encountered and was finally contacted by Adobe again.

Their input was essentially and paraphrasing, the machine was fine, the problem was the video board was too smart for Elements, they wanted me to get Nvidia to supply a downgraded driver, which Nvidia would not do.

After Adobe looked at some of the projects I had been doing in Elements they said I should use Adobe Premiere Pro CC. It made no sense to me that I should put a more complicated piece of software on a machine that was having problems with Elements. On top of that the guy recommending the change to Pro had no experience with Pro. Any specific question asked about Pro the response was he supported Elements but could forward me to the Pro Support team. He stated that 20% of the knowledge would transfer from Elements to Pro

I agreed to try the trail version of Pro.

I would say 0% of the knowledge transfers. I spent 30 minutes try to figure out how to import files, and an hour working on how to export in what I think is the correct form for You Tube.

Navigating and finding files is not straight forward.

I am not a fan of the presentation of data in the time line in particular the separation of the video from the audio with the video 2 being on top of video 1 and the audio for video 2 being under the audio for video 1.

After playing around for 4-5 hours I have not had one glitch in the software operation and would have had to reboot the Elements several times in the same time frame.

CPU usage and memory usage is less with Pro than Elements.

I have just made the yearly prepaid purchase of Pro.

Question;

I imported files from the camcorder I am using

My camcorder is set to 1080MP4 50M what ever that is, could not find fps, under AVCHD I have a choice of 60P or 60i. I am not using AVCHD but MP4/iframe which produces separate clips / not encoded clips. Those files seem to imported correctly.

In the tutorials it is stressed that you use the same data characteristics in the files imported, edited and exported.

for import I can only find 30FPS in adobe,

under the properties for the imported file I find

2018_132304.mp4

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 3.61 GB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 59.94

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - compressed - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00:11:25:00

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

VR Projection: None

How do I tel adobe that is the file properties I will be using?

If I select use source in the export it picks up the same properties.

becoming proficient in editing is next. That promises to be challenging. At lest there appear to be tutorials on the net on how to do that.

Glenn Lever

By the way, how do I get my avatar to appear. I got the message that it had been approved.

1 2 Previous Next