• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Feather Tool

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with the new feather tool, so now it is automatically feathering my selection as soon as I finish making that selection but I can't seem to adjust the feathering intensity like I used to be able to with the old version, does anyone have any tips or experiencing the same thing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Hi Ron:

Hmmm. There isn't a new feather tool (tools live in the toolbox).

Old ways include the Feather command in the Select menu to feather an existing selection, or changing the feather value in the Options bar to set the feathering default for new selections. The only newish option is the Feathering slider in the Select & Mask task space.

I'm guessing from these words "it is automatically feathering my selection as soon as I finish making that selection" that you have a feather value on the Opti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What so you mean by new feather tool, can you post a screenshot, also what Photoshop version do you have, the more info you supply the easier it is for someone to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ron:

Hmmm. There isn't a new feather tool (tools live in the toolbox).

Old ways include the Feather command in the Select menu to feather an existing selection, or changing the feather value in the Options bar to set the feathering default for new selections. The only newish option is the Feathering slider in the Select & Mask task space.

I'm guessing from these words "it is automatically feathering my selection as soon as I finish making that selection" that you have a feather value on the Options bar that is impacting your selections. Here's how to test that theory:

1. Pick the selection tool in the tool box that is causing the issue
  2. Look at the Feather value—it is anything besides 0 px?
  3. If so, you can type in 0 px, or right click the menu at the far left of the Options bar > Reset Tool (or All Tools)Screenshot 2018-03-21 07.52.25.png

Let us know if that takes care of the issue. If not, please share screen shots and more details on your workflow.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines