• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upload and attatch file to order's Related Files

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to process orders from BC, the result of the purchase and processing generates a small PDF file.  I currently have all the offsite processing code functioning, and am emailing the PDF as an attachment to the customer.  We don't want to have to rely on email for the customer to receive the purchase (PDF) and would like to attach it either to the order or the customers account.  (don't want to get into 'I didn't receive the email' run around, went to spam, deleted because of the attachment, etc., etc.).

In the admin console, when viewing the order details, there is the section 'Related Files', if the customer can download these from the order, this would be the ideal location to place it, but attaching it to the user who placed the order would suffice.

I've looked through all the API's and can see the file API, but no way to attach the file to anything (order or customer).  I could upload to a folder and link to it, but we'd be relying on email to get them the link again.  I'm either missing what I'm looking for, or it not possible through the API's

Basically, the ideal solution would be to upload a small PDF file and attach it to an order's Related Files.

If the above is not possible, what other solutions are available that would produce a similar result ( a more reliable way than email to get a user a file).

If emailing is the most reliable solution, I would just need to confirm this.

Thanks in advance, Frank.

TOPICS
Developer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines