1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 21, 2018 12:25 PM by D Fosse

Color Profiles messed up

maeiounj

On some of my pics, Ive had problems with color matching to print. Ive eliminated its my printer and ink, but CS6 profile setting.

This is the art Im using, and yes its mine, but I think my color profile is incorrect as it prints greener. When I switch to adobe 1998, it prints fine.

OTGW x Naruto: Through the Forest of Death by maejonin on DeviantArt

Some files sometimes open with a pink grainy like tone as well, because I messed with the profile settings. Is there a way to restore to default for just the color profiles?

Im using Adobe CS6 and printing on Espon 1430.

• 1. Re: Color Profiles messed up
          D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

maeiounj  wrote

because I messed with the profile settings. Is there a way to restore to default for just the color profiles?

Never do that, leave them alone. There isn't any particular reason to change anything in Color Settings. If you have color problems, that's not where the problem is. But if you already have - just choose one of the "General Purpose" presets. That will restore safe settings.

Color management always requires two profiles, a source and a destination. If it doesn't display correctly, it's nearly always a problem with the monitor profile, not the document profile.

Same principle for print. Leave the document profile alone, it is what it is. You need to focus on using the correct print profile, as set in the PS print dialog. You also need to set the printer driver parameters accordingly (the correct paper type and so on).

How and with what is your monitor calibrated and profiled, if at all? Can you show screenshots of the Photoshop Print dialog, as well as the settings in your printer driver? Click Print Settings to open the driver.

2 people found this helpful