9 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2018 3:48 PM by macgnarly

Premiere constantly crashes

jaroslavk76962503

Hello. I've been using Adobe products for a couple of years and working with Premiere is a nightmare for me lately. It crashes all the time or gives me all kinds of error messages or image dropouts. I work with RED R3d files. It usually works well about 30 min, then I get "red importer error" or "adobe premiere has crashed". I observed, that some particular effects tend to cause the crash. For example - I apply the Mirror effect on a clip. Then the image goes black and Premiere crashes. When I open the project again and I get to the clip, where the effect is applied, Premiere crashes again.  A lot of effects cause black dropout - no image in the program monitor.  Nesting clips cause black image as well. I observed, that switching renderer to "software only" helps with almost everything, but it's not a solution because everything is slow as hell and I can't even play a video smoothly. I have Geforce GTX 1050 Ti right now, I used to have Radeon HD 7870 - which is officially supported card and the problems were even worse! I have tried updating the video card, reinstalling, updating Premiere, even reinstalling the whole system...nothing works. I use a lot of programs for photo, video, and music production, playing games occasionally... everything works well and I never get an error message or crash in other programs, so I think my computer is in a quite good shape, but there is something wrong with the Premiere. I like the program, but all the things are really demotivating for me. Please help me. I don't want to learn another editing software. Thank you. Jaroslav

My PC:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40Ghz, 4 core

24 GB Ram

Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

Windows 10 professional