• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF9 Developer & license limitiation

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Around 8 years ago, I developed a Flash application for our company. I compiled it into an exe and it sits on our SBS2008 server. It connect to CF9  via CFC's and has a MYSQL db as it's data source, both of which reside on the same server. There are 5 or 6 workstations which use the application via a shortcut to the exe file.

This has been working quite happily without change until recently when, for some as yet unknown reason(s), it failed with NullPointExceptions. After trying for some days to get it going, I had no choice but to re-install using CF9.02. I configured it as a developer edition and all seemed fine but then it pops up the exceeding license message.

OK, we've been doing well in not having to pay a license fee all this time but I'm curious as to how CF9 knows about different IP addresses when it is being accessed by a single application on the same server (127.0.0.1).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If users are running the Flash app on multiple computers, and that app is invoking CFCs, every user's IP address will be sent to CF. Invoking a CFC isn't really any different from opening a web page when it comes to this.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation