I am having a problem.
My old CS3 wouldn't work once I updated the software on my pc. I got a new serial number and read that I needed to uninstall my existing CS3 and then install the newer version of the CS3 (that doesn't require a new activation code). I uninstalled easily. I didn't think I had any problems with the install, but it never launched.
I followed all the instructions, - but here is what happened:
I got the Akamai installer and followed all the prompts, e.g., choose the .exe link, which created a folder on my desktop. The only files in the folder are non-executable files, "Goodies" and "Documentation" folders and a Read Me file.
Did you get the installer via this link
Also you mentioned "updated the software" is that the operating system you updated, if so what version of OS do you have.
Thank you for your response. I figured out my problem. I don't know much about computers. I had to find the installed file that had the ending .EXE
I ended up looking at every file that was installed and finally noticed that that file (I can't remember now what it was called) was the only one with that ending. When I clicked on that it worked and now I'm happily using my software again.