3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2018 1:55 AM by davescm

Photo Shop Text tool not working

truelyfayyaz

HI,

I am having problem to type the text using text tool. I have selected 500x100px size image Text size coming some strange no, even I change the text size its not typing any thing. I have tried uninstalling and re installing PS and it works only once then I have same problem.

see the text size in image below

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 01.20.34.png

see the dots only when typing nothing else.

Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 01.21.33.png

Best Regards,

• 1. Re: Photo Shop Text tool not working
          Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

Check the image size, and see what the units are.  What often happens is we forget that size is set to a linear unit like Inches, and we dial in a size thinking it is in pixels.  At 300dpi a 1000 x 1000 image is going to be huge.  If type is set top pixels, then it tends to get lost.

Try a new Type layer, but specify a linear unit by typing in (for inch) or pt or mm.

Alsop look at Preference units. I suspect that Rulers might be in Inches.  I like to to use pixels, but YMMV (it's a while since I last used that  olde worlde internet short hand )

• 2. Re: Photo Shop Text tool not working
            truelyfayyaz Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked image size and change the preference for Units & Rulers, restarted PS but still having same issue.

• 3. Re: Photo Shop Text tool not working
              davescm Adobe Community Professional

Hi

I notice the number --21474836 in the.font size There have been a few reports of that problem.

Try the following:

1. Reset the text tool

If that does not work

2. Reset Preferences.

Go to Preferences >General >then click reset preferences on quit. Then click OK and close and restart Photoshop.

Dave