Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing FLV (nonstandard frame rate) into After Effects CC2018

Engaged ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PREFACE:

Please know that I have never considered myself to be a grumpy old man until recently thanks to Adobe. I have been using Adobe products my entire life (mostly because there is no competition), and I have finally given up on the notion that Adobe is ever going to care about users and the user experience. In effect, I have been robbed of any wide-eyed innocence that Adobe was one day going to fix their products rather than just piling more on the heap. Sorry, in advance, for my grumpy nature--though I doubt you really care.

I need to import a screen capture video in .flv format from OBS so that I can modify the content in After Effects CC. It blows my mind that this is not as simple and importing a new source. Even reading the support help and the forums, I have yet to see a method for making this happen.

I would appreciate it if someone can tell me all of the inconvenient hoops I have to jump through to have the "pleasure" of using After Effects CC 2018 with a .flv file with a non-standard frame-rate from OBS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Convert your Flv to Mp4 in another software. If Adobe Media Encoder doesn't import it, try FLV player that comes with an encoder or the easiest way - online converters which are abundant.

next time on OBS export to Mp4 instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Convert your Flv to Mp4 in another software. If Adobe Media Encoder doesn't import it, try FLV player that comes with an encoder or the easiest way - online converters which are abundant.

next time on OBS export to Mp4 instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines