• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to vectorise an image of a cloud?

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer logo that has a real fluffy white cloud in it. I have been asked to vectorise it so that it can be printed on to a textile transfer. I have tried all the standard options in the image trace window in Adobe Illustrator but they just give me what seems like a solid white box.

Any tips anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laura,

Is there really any reason to vectorise? You may ask what the printer says, or maybe preferably ask the printer yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the textile printer demands all files are vectorised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any screenshot for us to see the customer logo? it may be helpful to find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer logo.JPGHere is the problem image. The rest is text which I know how to vectorise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do they need this vectorised?

Do they want to plot it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why, but they insist so I need to find a way to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it all depends on what they want to do ...

Perhaps it can't be printed at all. So you will need to talk to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but this is never going to happen in a way that preserves the appearance of that image.

Generally speaking, adopting a graphic of that nature as a brand identity is a gigantic mistake, but sermonizing on that isn't going to help you in this case, and you may have had nothing to do with the development of this "logo".

Ostensibly, the output provider requires vector graphics and spot colors for the chosen production process; you'll have to advise the client that their logo graphic is not compatible with that process. Printing that image on textile is not impossible, but producing a viable vector graphic from it surely is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone who has tried to help. I actually thought that this was the case but the slight element of doubt in m,yself I had has now been extinguished with your help. At least I will not waste any more time trying to do the impossible. The printer will hopefully find another printing technique for printing this design on to clothes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my small part you are welcome, Laura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines