Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone recognise this font (CS6)?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've gotten myself in a bit of a shitty situation, about a year ago while designing my band's logo I used a font in Adobe Photoshop, I believe the version was CS6.

Because I was a foolish idiot, I lost the file, haven't used the logo since and now, I really need to find which font it was, and I have no clue, except it was some sort of symbol font. I since upgraded to the new mac, have Photoshop CC.

Attached is a photo of what the font looks like, written is "noSky" the S is uppercase, so it is written in regular letters, not part of the font.

Thank you to anyone who could help me, I can't finish my album without knowing how to reproduce the logo.

Yuval Jonas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

All Photoshop could find (via Type > Match Font on the menu bar with a selection on the type) was "Symbol Regular." I tried different selections too.

Out of curiosity, I tried browsing fonts using that exact wording. "Marlett," seemed to be closest.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All Photoshop could find (via Type > Match Font on the menu bar with a selection on the type) was "Symbol Regular." I tried different selections too.

Out of curiosity, I tried browsing fonts using that exact wording. "Marlett," seemed to be closest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Thank you very much, that's it, that's the font!

However, it seems that this is a Microsoft-produced font, would you happen to know of any workaround to get it to work on MacOS (Photoshop CC)?

Quite desperate to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's included with Office (even the Mac version). Cursory searches on the Internet didn't yield much, other than sketchy sites I wouldn't trust too much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man, you've been a huge help, you've got it all covered! It exists on my Mac through Office.

I don't want to pester you too much, but just so it's perfect, do you have any clue what might be the best way to transfer the font (even as an image) out from Office into Photoshop CC in as high a resolution as possible.

Thank you very much, and look out for our debut single, maybe we'll even name a song after you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does Photoshop CC see the font?; it'd be odd that it didn't. In any case, you can try exporting the font as an image (I'd suggest PNG with transparency).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines