Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge changes the dimensions on my photo

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use Capture One for digitalising photos and then I use Bridge and Photoshop for editing. I didn't have any problems yesterday but today, when I open the files in Bridge, Bridge changes the file dimensions from 3840x5760 to 3240x 5760. It looks like 16:9 ratio. I canĀ“t find any place where I can correct that. Anyone who has any idea?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Thanks to you all for trying to help me. I really appreciate it. šŸ˜„

I think I just solved the problem. When I take pictures with Capture One and using the "normal" trigger, it works fine, but when i use the trigger in the "Live View"-window (so I can see that I put the photo correctly) the settings are for 16:9. :-&

So I just use the normal trigger and everything is fine.

Hope you have had a nice Easter holiday! šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge does not change file dimensions. And you can't open files in Bridge, you can only view them in the Bridge browser. What does Photoshop show as the dimensions when you open it there? Have you gone back to C1 to see if you mixed up your dimensions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I donĀ“t open the files in Bridge, just view them, but nevertheless, when I use Finder to view them the files are ok. Skjermbilde 2018-03-22 kl. 21.31.50.png

But in Bridge the Fileinfo says:

Skjermbilde 2018-03-22 kl. 21.38.09.png

and it is the same file.

They are RAW-files, so they open i Camera RAW.   3240x5760.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to redigtize the 150 negatives that come out wrong.

Thanks for your answer, Lumigraphics. šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you open the files in ACR and crop them? The finder might be seeing the originals with no changes and Bridge is reading the changes you may have made in ACR - just a guess.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the camera make/model, Iā€™m pretty sure that there have been rare cases where the raw file can have different dimensions than when opened in Adobe products (which is only noticed when compared to rated specs or other software). I canā€™t remember the specifics, sometimes it may be that there is lens distortion or other metadata in the file that triggers ACR to distort and or crop the image without user intervention, however this appears to be the exception rather than the norm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to you all for trying to help me. I really appreciate it. šŸ˜„

I think I just solved the problem. When I take pictures with Capture One and using the "normal" trigger, it works fine, but when i use the trigger in the "Live View"-window (so I can see that I put the photo correctly) the settings are for 16:9. :-&

So I just use the normal trigger and everything is fine.

Hope you have had a nice Easter holiday! šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines