• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I reinstalled CS6, it did not install Acrobat?

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Manasvi:

Thanks for your help with CS6 but I noticed today that my Acrobat did not install. Can you please help with this.

Thanks,

Liz

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liz, can you share more details on the issue you're having?

What version of Acrobat and macOS?

When you say it didn't install, what is the error or exact message you received?

Was Acrobat installed on the same system before, and if so, what version(s)?

Knowing more will help us to help you better – thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Acrobat with the CS6 software. When you recently reinstalled CS6 it did not install Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also MacOS Sierra

Thanks

Liz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Branched to a new discussion]

Liz,

Acrobat DC is not part of CS6 – it's much more recent.

You would need to install Acrobat DC separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure it was on the disc along with CS6. I will dig that out and install directly from there. Just a pain to have to find it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it is not Acrobat DC and an earlier version. Sorry for the confusion. I need to find my original discs. I thought it would be online on my Adobe account. I appreciate the help but CC is turning into a big mess for me. It cost me $185. US to cancel my subscription AND all this time to get my purchased software working again. Seems a bit like a croocked deal for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you signed up for CC and then canceled CC, then both of those decisions were your choices.

Regarding CS6, installing CC does not remove any prior CS version, nor Acrobat. So those could have only been removed from your computer by you expressly.

As to why the CS6 activation stopped working standalone, it's because the CS6 versions are included for CC customers to access and use at any time, if desired. Only one form of CS6 licensing can be active for your account, so your newer subscription purchase subsumed the prior perpetual purchase.

But this is easily fixed by simply reactivating CS6 on its own, as described above, after CC is uninstalled. And again, if CS6 is no longer present on your system, it's because you must have removed it at some point.

Finally, the version of Acrobat that came with CS6 in 2012 was Acrobat X Pro.

Hope that helps clarify things a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you signed up for CC and then canceled CC, then both of those decisions were your choices.

Yes, the fine print stated a 3 month charge to cancel... OF COURSE it was my decision.

Regarding CS6, installing CC does not remove any prior CS version, nor Acrobat. So those could have only been removed from your computer by you expressly.

YOUR technician removed all of my Adobe products remotely because the quick fix suggested by an early thread did not work. It took approximately 2 hours for your technician to figure out and complete. He was great, by the way, but now I don't have  the use of Acrobat which I purchased.

As to why the CS6 activation stopped working standalone, it's because the CS6 versions are included for CC customers to access and use at any time, if desired. Only one form of CS6 licensing can be active for your account, so your newer subscription purchase subsumed the prior perpetual purchase.

HUH? What was the question from me. Not sure why you put this paragraph here.

But this is easily fixed by simply reactivating CS6 on its own, as described above, after CC is uninstalled. And again, if CS6 is no longer present on your system, it's because you must have removed it at some point.

I will repeat, since you wanted to repeat, YOUR technician removed it.

Finally, the version of Acrobat that came with CS6 in 2012 was Acrobat X Pro.

This is what was not reinstalled by YOUR technician after he removed it. THAT is what I was looking for help with not some long winded response as to it being my fault for the headache this has become...

WOW, I am surprised at your customer service whoever you are. The previous technicians have been great except for the omission of Acrobat X Pro not being put back in place. That is all I wanted. I mistakenly vented a bit about the major ordeal this has been both on my pocketbook as well as time spent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Liz,

This is a user-to-user forum. The regular posters here are just Adobe users trying to help/figure out or explain things for other Adobe users.

So I am not employed by the company, but was attempting to understand and address your (and your computer's) situation based upon the few sentences that you shared previously.

Your older version of Acrobat should be able to be reinstalled and reactivated, the same as the rest of CS6. Sorry for the inconvenience you experienced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines