Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too Many Classes in Properties Window

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Bootstrap along with my own style sheets. I'd like to see only my classes (or a particular one) in the Class area of the Properties toolbar instead of a million Bootstrap classes. How do I do this? As it is, DW is useless if it's going to display all million classes every time I'm looking for one of mine.

Also, when I do hit that Class dropdown in the Properties toolbar (which I have on my second monitor), the bottom scroll arrow is below the bottom of my screen so I can't get to it to click.

Thanks,

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

As far as I know, you can't.

That list is "every available class" connected to your page, aside from maybe commenting out the bootstrap .css file temporarily, I think you're stuck with "all".

It's much easier to use Code View's Code Hinting, or the Live View Editor's "HUD" to add classes...

1. Click the element in Live or Design to select it in Code View

2. Add a class attribute, or click within an existing one and start typing the class name. DW will limit the classes in the list to those starting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, you can't.

That list is "every available class" connected to your page, aside from maybe commenting out the bootstrap .css file temporarily, I think you're stuck with "all".

It's much easier to use Code View's Code Hinting, or the Live View Editor's "HUD" to add classes...

1. Click the element in Live or Design to select it in Code View

2. Add a class attribute, or click within an existing one and start typing the class name. DW will limit the classes in the list to those starting with what you've typed.

1. Click the element you want to add a class to in Live View
2. Within the blue tab that appears on the top left of the element, click the + icon
3. Start typing the class name in the field that appears, the code hinting will limit the enormous class list as you type

This is another area where Adobe went off the rails when they moved away from DWCC2015. You used to be able to flick the scroll wheel to move through that gigantic list, or type the first letter of the name of the class to be brought to that section of the list alphabetically.

That's gone now, making the pop up list in the Properties window completely useless in CC2018.

Personally, I won't use CC2018 for production work, it still has far too many problems. I leave it installed along side CC2015, hopefully Adobe can squash all of the bugs at some point and I can update in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks you for your reply Jon. I agree that there are a lot of problems with DW. It's like they're trying to be everything to everyone. (I'm going to leave this open for now in case someone knows a trick to do it.)

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines