• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Missing Camera Profiles when imported from Lightroom

Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to edit a photo within Lightroom and want to edit within Photoshop I'll right click and select edit in Photoshop.  If I decide later on to further adjust the overall look I'll go into the Camera Raw Filter and I've noticed that for the Camera Profiles it doesn't show options like Adobe Standard or Canon Landscape for example. 

Within Lightroom CC I am able to see all the profiles there.

I can also go to finder (Mac) and drag the image file directly into photoshop and from there the camera raw filter shows my camera profiles.

The issue is some photos I've edited a long time ago with numerous edits applied doesn't look right when applying with all the changes already made within lightroom so I'm attempting to go below the edits within photoshop to the base layer if you will and would like to apply the filter that way.

So far I'm missing the option only when I select edit in photoshop within lightroom.  The options are gone regardless if I edit a DNG that's never been edited anywhere yet or if it's a Tiff and I select edit original in photoshop.

Is this expected behavior?

At this point I'm having to delete all my files I edited in photoshop (my Tiff's) and applying the filter then editing all over again in photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

"Edit in Photoshop" sends a rendered RGB file to Photoshop.

Camera profiles are not applicable for rendered RGB files. They are already baked into the pixel data and can't be extracted, any more than you can extract the flour from a loaf of bread.

If you open as Smart Object into Photoshop, a copy of the raw file is embedded in the PSD. This can be reopened in ACR and here you can change the camera profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Edit in Photoshop" sends a rendered RGB file to Photoshop.

Camera profiles are not applicable for rendered RGB files. They are already baked into the pixel data and can't be extracted, any more than you can extract the flour from a loaf of bread.

If you open as Smart Object into Photoshop, a copy of the raw file is embedded in the PSD. This can be reopened in ACR and here you can change the camera profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew this was either a bug or a technical process I was overlooking.  I appreciate the technical explanation and the suggested work around as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I am only able to access Adobe profiles, and none of the custom profiles I have. I have placed the profiles in the proper locations, but when I open ACR or LR, the profiles do not show up as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, see above: are they actual raw files, or are they rendered RGB files (psd, tiff, jpeg)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

C:/Users/{enter your computer name here}/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles

I have the profiles in both of these folders. They were created with the X-Rite color checker to work with my cameras RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines