• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash cs6 - Publishing Air 3.2 for Android, Runs fine in debug testing for mobile but does not work in SAmsung Galaxy Mobile.

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Team,

I have made an educational App in Flash cs6. I have inserted some mp4 files and added on one key frame and in the first line of key frame added action script as stop();

Now when I do debug testing in Flash cs6 itself, all movies and buttons work fine.

But when I publish it from Air 3.2 for Android setting. Adding all necessary details and click publish, it does not givve me successful mesage and when I load it in mobile, buttons are working fine but mp4 files does not play at all.

Please quide.

Regards,

Sanjukta

firstphonics@gmail.com

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer my query

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Pro CS6 can use later versions of AIR. I just added AIR 29 to my CS6. Perhaps a later version of AIR would do better?

How are you playing the MP4 files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your respond. I need help urgently.

In my Android App project - Inserted Scene and then I have imported video to stage and and selected load external video with playback component.

Added buttons on main timeline with gotoAndPlay(1 , "Scene1")

I have used AirSDK 3.2 for Android and Actionscript 3.0

It plays in my laptop nicely, but when I play in Android Samsung Galaxy Core 2 - it doesn't play any videos.

Now I have downloaded AirSDK 25 - but now it is giving error message - dx tool failed: Could not create the Java virtual machine.

Please help me.

Regards,

Janvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Colin,

One more thing.

I had downloaded AIRSDK 29, but for Android mobile AIR 25 is only available. Will that will be any issue, if I use AIR29 for developing APP and Android mobile use AIR 25?

Thats the reason I had download AIRSDK 25 for developing APP but I am unable to publish it. It is giving error - dx tool failed: Could not create the Java virtual machine.

Please help.

Regards,

Janvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For your new problem, read message 2 here:

CS5 fails to compile large FLAs

When you find your jvm.ini file, and edit it with a text editor, change -Xmx128m to -Xmx1024m, then reopen Flash Pro. That gives it four times as much memory to use as changing it to -Xmx256m would give.

About your original problem, the FLVPlayback component can play MP4 on desktop, but not on mobile. If you're going to use that component you would need to convert the video to FLV, using Adobe Media Encoder CS6. Or you can learn about StageVideo:

Getting started with Stage Video

With that you can play MP4, and it will use the GPU to decode the video, much faster than the FLVPlayback component can.

If you downloaded AIR 29 SDK and you're only seeing AIR 25, you didn't add AIR 29. Find the menu item Manage AIR SDK... and in that dialog you can add another SDK, and choose its location. Then you should see AIR 29 for Android as an option in the Properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Colin,

Thanks for your guidance.

I have now download AIRSDK 29 and added in Flash cs6 also in publish setting.

I have also changed jvm.ini file as instructed by you.

I have around 50 mp4 files in my app.

To convert videos in flv, I am afraid as original mp4 file's size are between 12mb to 85 mb and flv size will be very heavy.

I am have started reading stagevideo page but the unable to open / download sample zip file. I am new for stagevideo, it may take sometime for my understanding. Need your advice that, where do I need to add the stagevideo code? Which file do I need to open through flashbuilder?

Thanks,

Sanjukta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FLV can also have the same data rate as the MP4, and AME can batch compress them. They should take up the same file size as the MP4s.

That StageVideo article is quite old, and you don't need to download the Flex SDK.

Here are some files that I made based on some example code. See if this gets you started:

http://colin.scienceninja.com/SimpleStageVideo.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have converted mp4 file in flv usine Adobe Media Encoder but still I am getting error message  when trying to publish using AIRSDK 29 setting - dx tool failed: Could not create the Java virtual machine.

Please advice..

Regards,

Janvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Colin, but I am still getting error of - dx tool failed: Could not create the Java virtual machine.

but when I use AIRSDK 3.2 - no error. I am getting error only when I use AIRSDK 29. How can we solve this issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It reminds me a java version problem. With CS6 you must use java 6 and not java 8 so your system can have both

and both can be activated. Flash CS6 will grab the right java version then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Robert for your suggestion. I will try and update you.

Regards,

Janvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have found -- Java Archive Downloads - Java SE 6

It is showing many options, which one should i pick..

Or can you send me link for what all I need to download for Java 6.

Thanks in advance.

Janvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

select JRE 6 update 45 for your OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Mac you wouldn't use the Java archive, you would go to this page:

Download Java for OS X 2017-001

If you're on Windows I'm not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I confirm that on Windows XP to 10 it's ok to have JRE 6 and 8 both enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert and Colin,

Your support is very appreciable.

I have installed Animate CC - and could able to publish my project in apk file.

Used AIR 29 and Actionscript 3.

works fine on my laptop but movies are not displayed in samsung galaxy mobile core2.

my movie file is been converted from .mp4 to .flv using Adobe Media Encoder CS6.

There are some scene in project where few animation is in timeline - only this is visible in mobile but movie .flv files are not visible.

In mobile AIR 25 is installed.

Don't know whats the problem.

What can be an issue?

Regards,

Janvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would make it sound like a path issue, or that you have not included the FLV files in the General tab of the publish settings.

Can you connect a device with USB, then do a Debug/Debug Movie/On Device via USB? Then any errors should show up in Output panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Tried to debug in Device via USB.

But actionscript 3 - wherever I have added stop(); is not working.. it is running to next timeframes..

Can you give me your email id - I will send the file - then you check and let me know the major issue.

-Janvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you able to post a file online someone, and give the URL? If you only want me to see it you can click on my icon and then use the Message option in my profile page.

stop(); not working just means an error had already happened. When you do the test do you see anything in the Compiler Error panel, or in the Output panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines