• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Uploading Adobe Dreamweaver to website On New Computer

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a new Mac High Siera 10.13 - and downloaded Adobe Dreamweaver CC 18.1 - after opening files for website, it can't make contact with server? No links, nada - everything from old computer was restored on desktop. What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without more information, I'm guessing you copied the site files over, in their Local Root Folders, but forgot to copy the site definitions...

1. From the old machine, go to Site Manage > Sites

2. Click the site you're working on to highlight it

3. Click Export to create a .ste file for your site

4. Move that .ste to the new machine

5. Open DW on the new machine and got to Site > Manage Sites > Import to bring the .STE in

6. Verify that the Local Root Folder points to the right location

That should pull over all of your site information that DW uses that isn't part of the local file structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much ,Jon, but how do I move that .ste to the new machine? When I export, where do I target? Do both machines have to be on a network?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export STE files on old machine and save to a portable flash drive.  Move it to your new machine.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For detailed explanation of export and import of STE files please refer to How to import and export Dreamweaver site settings

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got a little confused and 'shared' the .ste file instead of sending to me - when I imported and then tried to upload file, I got an ftp error - is that because it didn't contain the password info?

[Mod Note: Personal information removed.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Nancy said, you can put them on a thumb drive, or, since they're pretty tiny, you can email them to yourself easily. You don't need to network the machines together or anything like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines