• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge and Data mapping failure

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a contact to send a document for signature. The contact is a student. The recipient of the document for signature is *not* the student, but the email address of the student's parent which is a field within the Student contact.

The Student's name does get correctly added to the title of the email using the {!Contact_Name__c} 

so I know the correct contact is being accessed.

I am trying to merge the student's name into the document before sending using merge mapping but I get the following error:

Object look up field: echosign_dev1__Recipient__r not set, ignoring mapping entry

I am also trying to store the signed document in the contact's Notes and Attachments section but this also generates an error:

Attempted to map to a related object reference which was not set on the agreement: echosign_dev1__Recipient__r.

I suspect that the error is because the recipient of the document (the parent) isn't the contact (the student), but is just a field within the contact, but I'm just guessing. I have opened a ticket with Adobe but am hoping someone else may have some ideas. I am using Adobe Sign version 18.27

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite terrible that over 200 people have the same issue, yet Adobe can't get simple questions like these answered. Would really help reduce their emails into support and make a better product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I may have figured it out. The template I was using did not have any Merge Mapping, however I had a Merge Mapping record set to be the default Merge Mapping. So I went to that record, unchecked the box and now I don't receive the error.

From my understanding that default checkbox is meant to be a setting system wide, so because I didn't have or need a Merge Mapping for my new template, it was finding and trying to use the default mapping - thus causing the error because it was entirely unrelated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines