• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom disables my screensaver

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complete screensaver and power display timeout failure started a couple months ago (no particular memory of what was installed/changed then.)

Spent hours trying every suggested fix, nothing correlated, although occasionally the screensaver would randomly work.

Finally, FINALLY, conclusively pinned down that Lightroom is the culprit.

While Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 is running on my PC (W10.0.16299), full screen or minimized, my screensaver never initiates, and my screen never turns off as set in my power settings.

If I close Lightroom, my screensaver and power plan settings immediately work as expected (no reboot required.)

I have yet to find any reference to this particular problem anywhere on the web. Has anyone else?

I appreciate your ideas and recommendations.

-Robert Westerman

www.robertwesterman.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I disabled the screensaver and power options ages ago because they seemed to mess up everything I was doing. I see no point in using them. But then, I'm not using a laptop on battery either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines