• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with DMXZone AppConnect - Willing to pay!

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to figure out how to do quite a simple website using DMXZone AppConnect. I've been going round and round in circles for, literally, days! Initially Teodor was quite helpful but I guess he thinks I am an idiot and I'm not getting any response form him any more 😞

Anyway, I feel sure that if somebody with DMXZone experience could spend an hour with me, to show me how to just get started, I will be able to take it from there.

I'll pay for your time!!!

We could do a GoToMeeting screen-share. I'll explain what I need to do and you can show me how to do it.

Anybody up for that?

Pat

[Personal email removed by moderator.]

PS

I am NOT an idiot! I'm a software engineer. I am just not very familiar with Dreamweaver and have done only pretty basic web development thus far.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Hello,

Just wanted to post here, so that you understand Teodor is not ignoring anybody.

DMXzone office is based in Europe, it is open from 8:00 to 18:00 CET Monday to Friday. We are not working during the weekends, so requests made after 18:00 CET Friday to 8:00 CET Monday are being answered after 8:00 CET Monday...

I understand that everybody who contacts us is always 3 weeks behind the schedule and his/her projects are the most important, but we just don't work or offer support during the weekend

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking the DMXZone forum, which is not an easy task, I see your most recent post as per

I have the ServerConnect and State Management extensions.

I have a simple login page - username and password.

I need to query the Contacts database and return the Contacts.recordnumber and Contacts.vendorid into cookies so that I can then query other tables, such as Products.

There is no need to use cookies when you use the Security Provider (SP). Have a look at Creating a Complete Login System with DMXzone Security provider - YouTube. Approximately 5 mins into the video, you will see the addition of the Security Provider.

Once the security provider has been included in the server side algorythm, it will keep track of the logged in user and it will be the vehicle that helps you extract any info about the logged-in user from the database.

Edit: I notice that you are not logged into the DMXZone forum using your name, it shows as user. This may be a reason for Teodor to place your query on a low priority. It is much nicer to be able to address you as Pat.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

I looked at the SecurityProvider and thought that it was overkill for this particular project. If I have to get it, I will, but if I can get by without it, that would be preferable.

I just need to query the Contacts table, get the UserID, VendorID, and UserAccessLevel and store them into session variables or cookies, then display a list of that vendor's products and allow the user to add/edit the product records.

Can't I accomplish that with the two extensions I've purchased (ServerConnect and StateManager)?

Have you worked with these products yourself?

Thanks!

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you worked with these products yourself?

Yes

I just need to query the Contacts table, get the UserID, VendorID, and UserAccessLevel and store them into session variables or cookies, then display a list of that vendor's products and allow the user to add/edit the product records.

Can't I accomplish that with the two extensions I've purchased (ServerConnect and StateManager)?

Short answer: No

Long answer: You do not need extensions to achieve your goal, you can hand-code everything as this tutorial will show you.

To use the DMXZone extensions, you will need to purchase the DMXZone Database Connector.​ Once you have that installed, you will be able to query the database using the session variables created by the StateManager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have purchased the Database Connector.

I feel sure I should be able to accomplish what I need with that plus AppConnect plus State Manager but I just have not been able to get it to work.

Could you spend an hour with me to go through the basics and get me started? As I said .... I'll gladly pay you for your time!

thanks

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your general location?

Edit:

Are these the extensions that you have installed? Are there more?

Have you got the login part working?

Please post the code of the page here.

Please post the steps taken in Server Connect.

The above should keep me busy in an already busy schedule.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Just wanted to post here, so that you understand Teodor is not ignoring anybody.

DMXzone office is based in Europe, it is open from 8:00 to 18:00 CET Monday to Friday. We are not working during the weekends, so requests made after 18:00 CET Friday to 8:00 CET Monday are being answered after 8:00 CET Monday...

I understand that everybody who contacts us is always 3 weeks behind the schedule and his/her projects are the most important, but we just don't work or offer support during the weekends.

Teodor Kuduschiev,

DMXzone.com

Wappler.io

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines