5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 3, 2008 6:27 AM by RaviMore

External loadMovie (swf) with tab button

RaviMore
      Hi
      I am creating main swf file their is 3 Tabs on 4 frame. I am defining external swf file for each tab. I give them action script for the each tab. When i click on individual Tab then corresponding movie gets played.
      But, i want to switch tabs automatically and play all the movies without interruption. When movie is playing corresponding tab should get highlighted that time.
      Appreciate your help in achieving this.

Thanks
      Ravi

Action Script
        • 1. Re: External loadMovie (swf) with tab button
          clbeech Level 3
          what you really need here is to make MovieClip buttons, with labels of _up, _over, and _down for each state - then you can call to the btn MC and tell it to stop on the down state and disable the button. you will also then need to iterate through your buttons finding the previously activate button - enable it and send it to the _up state. additionally you can use the MovieClipLoader class to load the corresponding movie. something like this:
          • 2. Re: External loadMovie (swf) with tab button
            RaviMore Level 1
            Thanks for reply...!

I'm not sure if what you have proposed solves what I want. To re-iterate,

I have multiple "tutorials" in swf format. Each tutorial is a "step" of larger tutorial. e.g "Step 1", "Step 2" and so on. I'd like to string these all together but have way to indicate to the user which "Step" they are seeing. So I thought of having tabs with labels like "Step 1" "Step 2" at the top which are highlighted like a check-out process on a e-commerce site.

I'd also like the entire procedure be auto-initiated when the main flash is loaded. Can you also tell me what I'd have to do in case we decide to have a "continue to next step" button at the each of each step which when clicked will begin the new step?

Thanks
            • 3. Re: External loadMovie (swf) with tab button
              clbeech Level 3
              this should accomplish your tasks quite easily. I've constructed a basic example for you HERE although I've placed some of the code within a method that can also be initiated by the 'next' button and the start-up of the file.
              • 4. External loadMovie (swf) with tab button
                RaviMore Level 1
                Hi

Thanks for example.
                I want to switch tab automatically. When one movie is complete, 2nd would be start automatically. When movie is playing corresponding tab should get highlighted that time.

Is that possible?

RaviMore
                • 5. External loadMovie (swf) with tab button
                  RaviMore Level 1
                  Hello!
                  clbeech

One more question. When i play particular movie (external swf) in tab, is that possible to STOP / PLAY running movie when i press STOP / PLAY button.

Also, i want to show SeekBar separately for individual movies.

Please guide me. i don't know AS very well.

RaviMore