1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 12, 2009 5:02 AM by m gupta

Email notifications block the server connection

DamianLewis
      A constant frustration for me with my large clients is that CPS does not work properly with email notifications switched on.

When sending a draft for review in Contribute, it hangs on "Sending Draft for Review" for c. 1 min and then returns a message saying that the CPS is no longer available. However, clicking the Connect button takes the user back into the site and the email notification does get sent by CPS.

Switching off email notifications in CPS admin stops the Contribute connection from being dropped.

I would like to know if this is a bug or if there is undocumented configuration settings that have to be made.

I have seen many other people complain about this and yet there is scant documentation about CPS notifications and no-one at Adobe (or Macromedia before) appears to have addressed it.

As I say, some large clients are using this on enterprise-level projects and I will be advising them to move away from Contribute if this issue is not addressed soon.

DL