i assumed it was photoshop, so i updated photoshop to 19.1.2. i also have installed the latest version of 2017. in addition i also reset all tools in both versions. my hardware is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 950m on a Asus Laptop. i'm also using a medium Wacom intuos pro, i its the newest one with the pro pen 2. and i'm not using the wireless function with it at the moment, its got a cable form the tablet to my laptop.
i'm also on windows 10 version 1709
i got the exact same problem, does someone have a solution by now?
I uninstall Windows 10 update and its working now thank you.
Here is a probable answer to your question. Situation is serious, but not dire. See this discussion for work-arounds:
"EVERY TOOL acts like the Move Tool"
i feel ridiculous for asking but how would i go about uninstalling the update?
Control Panel>Program Features>View Installed Updates. Then uninstall it from the list of updates.
To stop it being reinstalled you need to pause the update process. Go to Settings>Update and Security/Windows Update>Update Settings> Advanced Options>Pause Updates and switch it on. This will give you a month of no updates. Those of us affected by this problem are all hoping that MS/Wacom will have a solution by then.
Hello, I've recently discovered a permanent solution that bypasses the new windows update. i had to uninstall and rollback the update so many times that the uninstall option became unavailable when i were to try and uninstall the update because i didn't do the above ^^^ instead,
- i turned off the windows ink option in wacom driver settings
- downloaded notepad and typed in
# Use WinTab
- then I saved the notepad document as a txt file. and be sure to save it into the photoshop settings file. you can access this on windows via right clicking the windows logo at the bottom left.
- then select run
- type %appdata%
- hit enter
- go to appdata
- adobe photoshop cc 2018
- adobe photoshop cc 2018 settings
- place/save the txt. file that was created earlier. you may have to restart photoshop but i didn't. heres a link to what i used. https://sweetmonia.com/Sweet-Drawing-Blog/wacom-tablet-how-to-disable-windows-ink-keep-pre ssure-sensitivity-in-adobe-photoshop/Mark all readFilterBrush not working properly! in PhotoshopJames Lopez asked2 weeks agoHello, i need some help in troubleshooting this issue. i open photoshop to draw, i am using the brush tool, and when i try and lay down a stroke in an attempt to draw, it only pans around the canvas as if i'm holding space and moving the cursor around. the only time i can get a stroke is if i make a stroke from left to right and even then that is a hit or miss. when i am zoomed out at 100% i can draw fairly okay, however if i zoom in and go past 100% the issue returns in which i cannot draw and i end up just panning around the canvas. i reset preferences, uninstalled/reinstalled photoshop, reset my drivers for my wacom, uninstalled/reinstalled my wacom driver, restarted my computer, and i'm running low on ideas. i even fooled around in the settings in the wacom driver and nothing. it's such a niche problem and i really need the assistance.Actions Hide new activityMark read
I cannot tell you how hard I would hug you if I met you. Thank you SO much. I thought it was a pen and tablet issue meaning a pricey fix for new ones.
Great!!! This helped to solve the issue! Thanks a lot.
(using Windows 10 and a Intuos 3 Tablet)