Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embed YouTube video using Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on making a PDF that can include embedded videos and links. It looks like I should be able to do this in DC but when I ad a web address (I have tried various sites including YouTube ad Vimeo) the program tells me that there is no file listed. I am able to upload video from my computer with no problem? Does this software not work for online content? I really need to be able to include embedded YouTube content for this project. Is there another version of Acrobat that can do this?

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

You won't be able to embed YouTube or Vimeo content in your PDF files. Your best bet is to just create links to the content so it opens in the browser.

Embedded video in Acrobat requires direct access to the video file itself, which YouTube doesn't provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cats.jpg

This is the error message that I get anytime I enter a URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't be able to embed YouTube or Vimeo content in your PDF files. Your best bet is to just create links to the content so it opens in the browser.

Embedded video in Acrobat requires direct access to the video file itself, which YouTube doesn't provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how i do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I put a you tube "copy this video url" address into my PDF, but when I tried to play it from the PDF, you tube showed a picture of a monkey saying it was sorry but it couldn't do it.  It did give a search box in which you could put the title, which DID come up then... but does that mean it's futile to put any you tube links into any PDF document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines