• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC disregards page zoom settings

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening a document, Acrobat defaults to Fit Width. Inside a document, if I change the zoom on say, page 1 to Fit Visible, then go to another page and come back, the first page shifts back to Fit Width. Basically, every time I turn a page, I have to change the zoom setting.

I went to Preferences and set the default to Fit Visible. This had no effect on this or other documents.

I went to Properties for the document and set the Open property to Fit Visible, saved the document, and opened it again. It defaulted back to Fit Width.

This is new -- it didn't used to work like this, It used to function as expected; setting Properties would stick, and changing zoom on individual pages would stick.

Please fix this bug.

I am using 2018.011.20038 on MacOS 10.12.6.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling JavaScript (under Preferences - JavaScript) before opening the file. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that did not make any difference. I even restarted Acrobat after making the change, and then opened the file.

But that makes me ask, why is Javascript in Acrobat in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, one thing changed. After I opened the document, then manually set every page to Fit Visible one by one, and saved the file, when I reopened it, the pages remained as Fit Visible. So that is an improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the...? It's weirder than that. If I use a Bookmark to go to a page directly, it changes that page view to Fit Width. Then that page is permanently stuck at Fit Width, whether I open it by Page Down or by Bookmark. Worse, when I page Up or Down to the next page, it is now at Fit Width. I did not realize that the Bookmark feature encapsulated the current Zoom setting in place when setting up the bookmark. That is kind of silly -- it should be overridden by the global setting. Now I am going try resetting all the bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, bookmarks can contain a change to the zoom level. That is not silly and all and is a very useful feature. The same is true of links, by the way.

If you don't like it you can change them manually and set them to "Inherit Zoom". Then the zoom level won't change when you click them.

If you want to change the zoom level associated with multiple bookmarks (in multiple files) you can use this tool I've developed:

Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Batch Edit Zoom Level in Bookmarks

JavaScript is the scripting language used within many Adobe applications, including Acrobat and Reader. That's completely normal, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to set the fit width properties for magnification when clicking on bookmarks for all pages. I highlight all bookmarks and change the display to 112% which is what is required for all bookmarks, then right click properties, actions and select actions drop down and click run a javascript and  add and paste in a java script for set zoom, which is below:

this.hasZoomed = this.zoom;

This does not keep the zoom for all bookmarks to 112%.  Please could you let me know how I can keep the zoom to 112% for all bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one line should accomplish this:

this.zoom = 125;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. When I apply this the zoom is 125% not 112%. If I change the number to 112 the zoom still goes to 125. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested this again and it did infact work.

Thank you very much.

Lindsay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I got the number wrong. Somehow I though you said 125%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well  at least now I dont feel as crazy.  It is very annyoing.  I cant believe I cant just adjust a setting.  Especially with the auto zoom on bookmarks.  I never want any page to open zoomed in, or to zoom in while I am brousing a document, with or without bookmarks.  That is why I have a huge monitor, which this bug renders it uselesswithour adjusting every page unless I am trying to view my documents from across the room.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines