Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table Borders MIssing in JavaHelp

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2009 Jan 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, and happy new year to all.
I am importing Frame 8 files into RoboHelp HTML 7, my table borders show up fine. But when I publish to JavaHelp, the table borders are gone. Interior and exterior borders, just gone.

Any ideas? I have searched for every post in the last year for table or border, and I don't see anyone having a similar problem. I must be goofing up somehow.

Thanks for any assistance.

Karl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't work with JavaHelp, mercifully, but I did take a look at it and there is an article on my site. I recall when doing the research finding stuff that indicated borders are an issue.

JavaHelp has not been well supported so could your developers use WebHelp. Ours could not possibly use JavaHelp, until we had some discussion!

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2009 Jan 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl.

Peter is correct. JavaHelp was used here when I first arrived and I very quickly got on their case to change to another output type. Borders are an issue as are numerous other things. Javascript does have a habit of rendering fairly normal things in a distinctly unhelpful manner.

My developers used JavaHelp because the application was coded in Java. Ergo..... With logic such as that, it was any wonder the application worked at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2009 Jan 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Gents for your reply.
For now at least we are stuck with the tools we have. I did look at Peter's site and grabbed that table style for the css's. The borders came out very thick with a box around the table. I played around with it and came up with the following, which looked better in our output:

table {
border: solid; border-width: 0px; border-color: Black;
}

td {
border: solid; border-width: 1px; border-color: Gray;
}

It had kind of a sleek, 3D look to it.
Again, thanks for all the help.

Karl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp