5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2008 7:06 PM by ntsiii

dynamicevent

flatpickinJohn
      does anyone know how to set up a dynamicevent or have any good examples to share?
        • 1. Re: dynamicevent
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6
          Can you describe what you want to do with this dynamic event, how it would work, what it is designed to do.
          • 2. Re: dynamicevent
            flatpickinJohn Level 1
            I want to pass information from one flex project/application to another flex project/application. Can I use the dynamic event for this problem. If so...how?

Thanks!

John
            • 3. Re: dynamicevent
              Gregory Lafrance Level 6
              It sounds like you are simply dealing with one main app and mxml (or AS) components used by the main app.

In this case it is easy, child app accesses main app using Application.application.myVariable or Application.application.myMethod (don't forget to import mx.core.Application).

If the apps are both distinct "main apps", use LocalConnection (see FB3 help).
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Lafrance
              http://www.chikaradev.com/ (multi-lingual, English and Japanese)
              Print this message
              Report this to a Moderator
              Greg Lafrance
              User is online
              View Profile

Senior Member Posts: 814
              06/26/2008 10:49:11 PM
              Reply | Quote | Top | Bottom | Edit

Oh, and if you want the main app to access the child app, just use the identifier in the main app:

var myChildComp:MyFancySmancyChildComp = new MyFancySmancyChildComp();

myChildComp.childsFunction();
              • 4. Re: dynamicevent
                flatpickinJohn Level 1
                Yes, I am dealing with two distinct "main apps", and trying to pop-up one "main app" ( the child) from the the first "main app" (the parent). I want to pass data between these two disctict "main apps". Another words pass data from parent to child and pass data from child to parent.

Do you have any good examples? Or sources? Looked at LocalConnect...I need more to go on.

John
                • 5. Re: dynamicevent
                  ntsiii Level 3
                  Unless you really know what you are doing, you are probably making a mistake.

This is not the correct way to build a Flex application.

What is your use-case?

Tracy