4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2018 4:32 PM by chanaart

PS CC - Applying the same crop to multiple images

way phat

On a Mac, PS CC 2018

I would like to apply a crop and rotation to one image, then apply the same crop to other similar images without having to create a tool preset or action.

I've tried to follow along with this Julianne Kost video:

Quick Tip -- Cropping Two Images to the Same Size in Photoshop CS6 - YouTube

However, at about the 1 min mark, she goes into the crop pull down menu to select the Size & Resolution option, but in my version of PS CC that option isn't present.

From her video (PS CS6):

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 3.35.48 PM.jpg

From my pull down (PS CC 2018):

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 3.29.23 PM.jpg

Where can I find that functionality in CC 2018, or how can I achieve similar.

• 1. Re: PS CC - Applying the same crop to multiple images
          jrsigerson Level 1

She's only using the Size & Resolution dialog to grab the "front image" dimensions, which you can now pull directly from the drop-down menu (the other functions of Size & Resolution  are available directly in the toolbar when you choose W x H x Resolution instead of Ratio)

• 2. Re: PS CC - Applying the same crop to multiple images
            way phat Level 1

I see what you are saying, and I see why even though I was seeing that my attempts to implement it were not working.

Where I am still stuck, though, is with the rotation as part of the crop. Is a duplication of that possible from one image to another? This "Front Image"approach seems to only work for pixel dimensions.

• 3. Re: PS CC - Applying the same crop to multiple images
              Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)

You do it with ACR.  Open up all the documents you want to Crop, and select them in ACR with Ctrl A (Cmd A).  Apply the crop and any other settings that you want synced, and its job done.  You can do this with JPGs as well be selecting them all in Bridge, and opening with Ctrl R (Cmd R).

Or you could do it from Bridge by pasting the settings. Open the first image in ACR and apply the Crop and any other settings, and click on Done

Then right click that image in Bridge and Develop settings > Copy Settings

Then select the other images in Bridge and right click Develop Settings > Paste Settings.

This will open a dialog window in which you will need to check Crop which is off by default, and uncheck other settings you do not want to sync.  This would work better than opening them all up in ACR if you are dealing with a lot of images.

• 4. Re: PS CC - Applying the same crop to multiple images
                chanaart Adobe Community Professional

Create the crop you want to achieve.

Go to the same pull down menu and select: New  Crop Preset this will save your crop.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 16.29.18.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 16.29.56.png