• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Element 2018 showing "We have detected an incompatible display driver."

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Element 2018 showing "We have detected an incompatible display driver." on startup. My display adapter is AMD Radeon HD 7500.  Updated to the latest version of the driver and issue still persist.  After investigating, it is clear that it is an issue with the GPUSniffer program of 2018.  The reason being, I also have V11 version and it starts up ok.  The V11 GPUSniffer works ok, however v18 GPUSniffer hangs (and in turn shows "incompatible display driver" message)

Here are the results of v11 GPUSniffer:

====================================

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11>gpusniffer

Device: 00000000003247B8 has video RAM(MB): 1024

Vendor string:    ATI Technologies Inc.

Renderer string:  AMD Radeon HD 7500 Series

Version string:   3.0.13417 Compatibility Profile Context 15.301.1901.0

OpenGL version as determined by Extensionator...

OpenGL Version 3.0

Supports shaders!

Supports BGRA -> BGRA Shader

Supports VUYA Shader -> BGRA

Supports UYVY/YUYV ->BGRA Shader

Supports YUV 4:2:0 -> BGRA Shader

Device was not tested for CUDA support.

Completed shader test!

Internal return value: 7

===================================

With this info, hope Adobe can look into this issue and release a fix!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try deleting the BadDrivers.txt file?

Reference:  Display driver, video adapter issues | Adobe Premiere Elements

Another choice is to start a "chat" session with Adobe Support:  Contact Customer Care 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems 2018 version do not create the BadDrivers.txt file, I did not see it in that folder.  Or, GPUSniffer is not getting far enough to create that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologize for the inconvenience.

If older version of Premiere Elements works fine and GPUSniffer.exe freezes or give error while you try to run it, please follow the below suggestion:

• Uninstall the Premiere Elements 2018 program as well as MicroSoft Visual C++ 2010, 2012, 2015 & 2017 packages from your computer.
  • As you re-install Premiere Elements these packages should also get installed. Try opening the program and check if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the uninstall of Premiere and VC++ packages.  The issue still prevails and Premiere do not start.  If you see my explanation above, a small tweak to the GPUSniffer program will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I had same issue for Adobe Premiere Elements 2018

I deleted BadDriver.txt fril from C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Premiere Elements, to see the ProgramData folder you show the hidden files.

then i uninstalled the display driver and did not restarted the computer.  then i opened the application it working.

I closed the application and reopened it worked and then i restarted the  Laptop it is working fine.

Hope this helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines