• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logging and 'alt' keyboard shortcut snags on windows 10?

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm logging a lot of footage from talking head interviews. My workflow has historically been to paraphrase what's being talked about by adding timeline comments in Prelude which I then reference in Premiere.

On a Mac, to execute against that looks like this:

• Watch clip. Press "2". The text curser is now in the HUD display just above the timeline
  • Log what's being said in the HUD while the playhead is playing through the timeline. Hold down OPTION while pressing spacebar or JKL to control the timeline while being able to type in HUD in case the talking head gets too far out ahead of you

In short: On a Mac, Option allows me to continue to control the timeline WHILE typing in the HUD.

And, according to all of documentation I can find (I've been doing a lot of googling), that same exact workflow should happen on a Windows machine as well, except you swap out Option with Alt.

Buuut, no matter what I do. If I press Alt and spacebar in Prelude with the HUD open, it doesn't control the playhead on the timeline, it opens this menu on the top left. Which, is obviously right in the way getting in any kind of flow with logging. Meanwhile Alt + JKL just make a "do not do that" noise and has no effect.

Any ideas? I've attempted to find a way to edit hotkeys inside of Prelude and have came up empty there. And have even attempted to turn off the "alt" shortcut for Windows in case the issue is at the OS level and is getting in the way of Prelude reacting to that keystroke. Oddly, Alt works as expected if I'm typing within the Marker Inspector on the top right. This is only an issue when I'm typing in an HUD which is where I'm typically doing 90% of my typing.

In my googling, this was the closest I could find to my issue:

Re: Using Prelude to collaborate

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience. I have forwarded the issue to core engineering team. They will look into it soon.

Thanks,

Tanzeem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying again. Am I the only person who uses prelude in this manner? No one else needs to control the playhead while typing in the HUD? If this is the case does anyone have a suggestion on a better approach for logging lots and lots of talking head interviews leaning into keyboard shortcuts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok. This is very frustrating. Because guess what works as it should in Adobe Prelude CC Version 2.0.0 (459 (MC:218798)) ?

This feature.

So, to be clear. In Windows 10, using ALT as a modifier keyboard shortcut so a user can continue to control the timeline in HUD (with Alt+space or Alt+J,K,L) does NOT work in CC 2018  or CC 2017, but works in Adobe Prelude CC. How could this bug possibly be missed for this long? tanzeem​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources