3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2018 9:43 AM by MelissaLA88

Transparency question

abbyw29606054

So I have a photo that I would like to put a red transparent screen over.

But the only way I know is by adjusting the opacity of the shape on top of the photo.

This results in the shape turning pink-ish.

How do I keep the color of my shape and still make it so you can see the photo underneath?

Thanks all!

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the Photoshop forum... Mod]

• 1. Re: Transparency question
          mBornbach Level 1

You could try the blending modes in the layers panel. It's set to normal by default. Changing it to multiply or color burn might make the shape look darker/more red.

• 2. Re: Transparency question
            norman.sanders Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Could you post the image and the Layers panel and describe the result you want. It would allow us to provide a more specific recommendation.

• 3. Re: Transparency question
              MelissaLA88 Adobe Community Professional

Could you provide us with an example of what you're trying to achieve? And a screenshot of what is it you're currently attempting?

As suggested above, you might consider trying blending modes to see if that achieves the desired effect. Here is a screenshot in case you are not sure where to find blending modes in the layers panel. Click the dropdown and you'll see you have a variety of options! You can quickly cycle through the options by holding down Shift and pressing + to go to the next mode or - to go to the previous one. Good luck!

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 11.39.18 AM.png