4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2018 12:38 PM by howie&lynn

Lightroom Export Limitations

howie&lynn

Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 Release Camera Raw 10.2  Apple MacBook Pro Sierra 10.12.16. Mid 2014

My highest export jpg resolution  is 1626 x 1080P.    How do I export 1920 x 1080p jpg 72 ppi?

• 1. Re: Lightroom Export Limitations
          dj_paige Level 10

If the photo is 1626x1080 when exported, and you want 1920x1080, then the photo is not the right aspect ratio. 1626x1080 is an aspect ratio of approximately 3:2, while 1920x1080 is an aspect ratio of 16:9. The photo cannot be exported at 1920x1080 unless you crop the photo to the desired aspect ratio, which is 16:9. Then you can export it to 1920x1080 by selecting those dimensions in the Image Sizing section of the Export dialog box and un-checking "Don't Enlarge".

• 2. Re: Lightroom Export Limitations
            howie&lynn Level 1

Wouldn't it be helpful if the 60 inch and much much larger  LCD TVS provided that display option.  It would save a whole lot of work.  Although it will take some time for the hardware to arrive, this obviously is our new presentation medium.  A photo prints at 4X6?

Thanks for the timely help, it is appreciated.

Howie

• 3. Re: Lightroom Export Limitations
              dj_paige Level 10

howie&lynn  wrote

Wouldn't it be helpful if the 60 inch and much much larger  LCD TVS provided that display option.  It would save a whole lot of work.  Although it will take some time for the hardware to arrive, this obviously is our new presentation medium.  A photo prints at 4X6?

Thanks for the timely help, it is appreciated.

Howie

I'm not grasping your point.

Software or hardware cannot turn a 3:2 photo into a 16:9 photo, unless it does it's own cropping, or it distorts the photo (neither of which the user would like).

• 4. Re: Lightroom Export Limitations
                howie&lynn Level 1

Since I hand develop my photos in Lightroom (why else use Lightroom),  I will add to my custom filter the crop/aspect ration of 16:9.  Then hand adjust the position of the crop in each photo where the custom filter is applied.  Simple fast and adding very little overhead with excellent results.  A tip might be:  to include more of the scene when taking the photo.  You could take a much larger picture and then adjust it with this feature.  Easier than trying to do it while photographing.  Much better results to boot.

Lightroom is fantastic. If only I take the time to use it as intended.

Thanks again for your help.

Howie