• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Export Limitations

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC 7.2 Release Camera Raw 10.2  Apple MacBook Pro Sierra 10.12.16. Mid 2014

My highest export jpg resolution  is 1626 x 1080P.    How do I export 1920 x 1080p jpg 72 ppi?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

If the photo is 1626x1080 when exported, and you want 1920x1080, then the photo is not the right aspect ratio. 1626x1080 is an aspect ratio of approximately 3:2, while 1920x1080 is an aspect ratio of 16:9. The photo cannot be exported at 1920x1080 unless you crop the photo to the desired aspect ratio, which is 16:9. Then you can export it to 1920x1080 by selecting those dimensions in the Image Sizing section of the Export dialog box and un-checking "Don't Enlarge".

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the photo is 1626x1080 when exported, and you want 1920x1080, then the photo is not the right aspect ratio. 1626x1080 is an aspect ratio of approximately 3:2, while 1920x1080 is an aspect ratio of 16:9. The photo cannot be exported at 1920x1080 unless you crop the photo to the desired aspect ratio, which is 16:9. Then you can export it to 1920x1080 by selecting those dimensions in the Image Sizing section of the Export dialog box and un-checking "Don't Enlarge".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't it be helpful if the 60 inch and much much larger  LCD TVS provided that display option.  It would save a whole lot of work.  Although it will take some time for the hardware to arrive, this obviously is our new presentation medium.  A photo prints at 4X6?

Thanks for the timely help, it is appreciated.

Howie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

howie&lynn  wrote

Wouldn't it be helpful if the 60 inch and much much larger  LCD TVS provided that display option.  It would save a whole lot of work.  Although it will take some time for the hardware to arrive, this obviously is our new presentation medium.  A photo prints at 4X6?

Thanks for the timely help, it is appreciated.

Howie

I'm not grasping your point.

Software or hardware cannot turn a 3:2 photo into a 16:9 photo, unless it does it's own cropping, or it distorts the photo (neither of which the user would like).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since I hand develop my photos in Lightroom (why else use Lightroom), I will add to my custom filter the crop/aspect ration of 16:9. Then hand adjust the position of the crop in each photo where the custom filter is applied. Simple fast and adding very little overhead with excellent results. A tip might be: to include more of the scene when taking the photo. You could take a much larger picture and then adjust it with this feature. Easier than trying to do it while photographing. Much better results to boot.

Lightroom is fantastic. If only I take the time to use it as intended.

Thanks again for your help.

Howie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines