2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2018 2:48 PM by JohanEl54

Does PS create a hidden layer if "Delete Cropped Pixels" is unchecked for Crop Tool

dpbierman

Does Photoshop create a hidden layer when of the file when it's opened or whenever the Crop Tool is used with the "Delete Cropped Pixels" option checked?

I noticed that after opening a file, if I select the crop tool with "Delete Cropped Pixels" option unchecked and make a crop, that "Flatten Image" is available on the Layers Menu, even though only one layer is displayed in the Layers Pallet? Apparently, there must be another hidden layer, or "Flatten Image" wouldn't be available! In addition, if I click the "X" to the left of the file name to close it, the file "Save" options are limited to only file types that can save multiple layer files. Although, I can access all file types by using the "Save AS" option.

But if I crop the image with the "Delete Cropped Pixels" option checked, and make a crop, that "Flatten Image" is not available on the Layers Menu nor am I limited to only file types that can save multiple layer files when I click the "X" to the left of the file name to close it.