• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 won't let me draw with my Wacom Intuos Pro M Pen when zoomed in.

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to read my post in the forum.

I just recently had issues with drawing (using the paint brush tool) in Photoshop CC 2018.

What's going on:

- PS starts up well

- I'm able to select my brush tool.

- Pressure sensitivity works

- I'm able to draw when at 100% zoom

- PROBLEM: I'm unable to draw when zoomed in more than 100%. PS or my tablet thinks I'm panning/scrolling when I press and draw with the pen.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I've been troubleshooting and have done the following:

- Installed the latest WIN 10 update

- Updated Photoshop CC 2018

- Reset all the TOOLS and PREFERENCES in PS

- Been patient.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I would be forever grateful!

Thank you again for your time and help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like the same issue a lot of people are experiencing since installing the latest Windows 10 update.  Rolling back Windows fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having the same issue as well as my pen or eraser not registering even when not zoomed in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and i'm sure it's from wacom because when i tried to draw using touch pad on laptop it worked when i zoomed-in

i updated wacom drive from wacom desktop center stil not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling this Windows update

windows.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be another problem but when I uninstall this update its making my computer crash and restart automatically updating back to the latest update. Disclosure I do not have auto updates enabled on my pc I’ll check regularly and do it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing same issue on my wacom Mobile Studio Pro.

I reset everything back to factory and issue still persists!

Does anyone know if Adobe are aware of the issue so they can work on a fix?

I'm not very happy about leaving my computer without any further updates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can report it here on the Adobe feedback forum

Photoshop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling KB4089848 works and everything back to normal paused windows update for 35 days as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Huion tablet and am experiencing the same issue which probably means it's a Windows issue or just an incompatibility between Adobe and Windows.

Whenever I zoom in and put my pen down, the entire canvas moves and it's as if the program thinks I'm moving around instead of drawing. The moment I restored my OS to a previous restore point, the problem disappeared. This needs to be addressed to Adobe asap, I really don't want to keep my laptop's OS not up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, but my computer doesnt have the KB4089848 update installed, so I'm not sure what to do to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this thread today and just uninstalled the latest update (which had a different code name then the one's being stated) and it has fixed the issue. I suggest going through each update and uninstalling until it fixes the issue you are having. I was lucky that the first update I uninstalled fixed the issue. Hope it works out for you mate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a mi me aparece error de sintaxis al poner esto

"reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Pen / v LegacyPenInteractionModel / t REG_DWORD / d 1 / f"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution!

[Windows Ink/Tablet bug on Windows 10]

Guys, the latest windows 10 update broke some important things on windows. If your pen is stuck doing the pan/hand tool thing, if your pen is shaking, it is because of the last windows update and it is not wacom or adobe's fault.

To fix it:
You need an elevated cmd prompt. To do this, type "CMD" on your start menu, right click it and run it as administrator.

Then type in this command:
"reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f"
Without quotation marks and press enter

Restart your apps and it should kick in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I had days with this problem and finally your answer works perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much !----------it worked !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much,without your solution given i probably can't finish my mid-term project in time.I also like to thanks to the one who posted this question out in the forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a gentleman and a saint, my good sir. I panicked SO HARD when my pen was stuck on the hand tool, but this fixed it right up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not roll back to the previous installation of Windows, so I opted to move to the next preview build (through Windows Insider, risky I know). So far so good, but then it started doing that thing where it won't restart completely, it just hibernates if you restart. It shuts down/starts up fine and the Wacom both Intuos and Cintiq are working again. So annoying, but at least I can work again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the exact same issue, and tried everything I could think of to fix it. It was definately getting on my nerves, but it then occurred to me that it might be because of the latest windows update. i went to settings, searched “updates”, then clicked on my update history. Clicking on the windows 10 update took me to a page that listed problems with the update, including the problem we all seem to be having. Scoll down a bit, and you will find instructions on how to fix it. I hope this helped:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a XP-Pen DECO 03 Graphics tablet without Screen . it was a alternative to Wacom Intuos Pro M . both have almost same features .

I had meet this problem , I  Uninstalling KB4089848 then it works well with Photoshop .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines